The KRT 2 is a completely new developed aviation radio representing the latest 8.33kHz generation. Only the aviation radio transmission standard - the amplitude modulation (AM) - remained unchanged, while the state-of-the-art electronic design is almost digitized. This is grant for highest frequency stability and channel separation in all operating modes. But digital technology is even more:
- Flexible functional diversity, future-proof via software upgrade
- Energy efficient – particularly interesting for glider and balloon pilots (1.6W standby)
- Very good speech quality (of course depending of the remote station and headset used)
- Outstanding small and light weight construction
- Two case types available:
For the standard 57mm cutout (H x B = 62 x 63 mm)
Slim version 46 x 63 mm
Invented by pilots for pilots, the entire operation is intuitive. We know exactly what counts during flight operations and critical situations. The pilot’s workload has to be as low as possible. The KRT 2 incorporates an intercom with two outputs for headsets and speakers. With the "Dual Watch" functionality you can listen two frequencies which differ in volume and tone at the same time. So you can for example approach EDMA while already listening to ATIS and simultaneously check your approach with the controller.
A priority on the active frequency (top) prevents confusion.
The KTR 2 offers an internal memory where you can store up to 100 airport frequencies, displayed in plain text. The graphic display looks visually attractive, is sunlight readable and large, therefore clear and not overloaded.
Via the integrated interface, you can also remote control the KRT2. So e.g. for tandem configurations you can connect a “Remote Terminal” with identical design and functionality of the KRT2.
• VHF transceiver for aircraft installation
• Frequency range from 118.000 to 136.975 MHz
• Channel spacing 8,33 / 25 kHz (2278 channels)
• 2 microphone inputs (2 x standard or dynamic)
• Audio input for external audio sources (Alert, Vario...)
• Installation: aerospace standard cut-out (57 mm)
• Memory space for 100 free allocable frequencies, to be named with up to 8 characters.